Dear CenterState CEO Member:
Throughout the year, CenterState CEO proactively advocates for its members on legislative issues and policies that are priorities for the business community and impact regional economic development. Central to that effort is providing opportunities for our members to meet directly with elected representatives and other government officials to have our voices heard on issues that matter most.
CenterState CEO is pleased to invite members to join us for our 2012 New York Days in Washington, DC, May 14 to 16. This year, we are partnering with the members of the Plattsburgh-North Country Chamber of Commerce to more fully represent for our 12-county region.
This event allows members to interact with our U.S. Senators and Representatives through direct meetings and briefings at the Capitol. We are also excited to include special briefings this year that focus on key issues such as export policies, and military and defense spending.
These meetings are important opportunities to establish relationships with your representatives and their staffs, or reinforce existing relationships. As a group, we can magnify our impact on the policies, legislation and regulations that affect our business climate and promote economic growth for our region.
Direct engagement from our members helps us to develop and execute a targeted government advocacy effort that integrates with our regional economic development agenda to create a climate for business growth. I encourage you to be part of that process by joining us in D.C. this May. If you have any questions or would like to become more involved in our government relations efforts, please contact Deb Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robert M. Simpson
President & CEO
2012 New York Days in Washington, DC
May 14-16, 2012
- Briefings with:
- U.S. Senators Charles Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand
- U.S. Congressional Representatives Ann Marie Buerkle, Richard Hanna, Bill Owens, Kathy Hochul, and Chris Gibson
- U.S. Army and Department of Defense officials
- Alexander Cochran, director, New York State Washington Office of Governor Andrew Cuomo
- Federal Aviation Administration on Unmanned Vehicle Systems Test Sites
- Brookings Institution and the U.S. Department of Commerce
- Dinner with former Congressman James Walsh, Government Affairs Counselor with K&L Gates, Inc., on International and Global Development
- Breakfast Briefing hosted by the Plattsburgh-North Country Chamber of Commerce with U.S. Senators Charles Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand, and Geoff O'Hara, executive director, Eastern Region of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, on key legislation important to our region and New York State.
Register online or download and return a Registration Form by fax to 315-471-4503, or email to email@example.com.
Registration Fee: $99/person. Includes all lobbying appointments and May 16 Legislative Breakfast. An invoice for payment will be mailed at time of registration.
Optional events at additional cost include a briefing with Brookings Institute and Commerce Department (exact time TBD), and a group dinner with former Congressman James Walsh on May 14 (additional expenses will be invoiced to members on a per person basis).
No refunds will be given for cancellations after May 11, 2012.
Please note: A briefing in preparation for this event will be held for all registrants on Monday, May 7th at 9 a.m. at CenterState CEO's offices, 572 S. Salina Street, Syracuse.
1430 Rhode Island Avenue N.W.
Washington, DC 20005
Hotel reservations and payments must be made on your own. To make reservations, call (800) 706-1202 by April 27, 2012 and reference the CenterState CEO room block rate of $319/night. After April 27, CenterState CEO cannot guarantee room availability at this hotel. We strongly urge you to make reservations as soon as possible.